Our client in concrete and construction business seeks to hire an Operations Manager to support the General Manager in handling all aspects of operations including contract management, order processing, inventory management and control, business planning, supply and equipment logistics, yard operations and administration of the daily operations of the Operations Department.
He or she will report directly to the General Manager and the role’s duty station would be at the Head Office here in Kampala. However this role will require him or her to make regular visits up-country to the project and Yard and sites.
The main overall aim of this role is to support the General Manager, ensuring projects move forward on time and on budget and that daily visibility of project performance is achieved.
- Support the General Manager in daily tasks concerning operations.
- Management oversight of staff.
- Ensures the right procedures of procurement.
- Checks operational feasibility.
- Organizes and monitors physical inventory counts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field.
- Experience in similar role at management level.
- Experience in leading projects within the construction or concrete industry.
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Can effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Quantitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency & effective problem solving skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office especially Excel
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are often organized all over the year, such as weekly sports sessions, team building events, monthly drink, and much more
A full-time position
Attractive salary package.
12 days / year, including
6 of your choice.
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and