Our Job Offering
Join us and help disrupt the enterprise market!
Join us, we offer you an extraordinary chance to learn, to develop and to be part of an exciting experience and team.
1 open positions
Our client in concrete and construction business seeks to hire an Operations Manager to support the General Manager in handling all aspects of operations including contract management, order processing, inventory management and control, business planning, supply and equipment logistics, yard operations and administration of the daily operations of the Operations Department.
He or she will report directly to the General Manager and the role’s duty station would be at the Head Office here in Kampala. However this role will require him or her to make regular visits up country to project sites and Yard.
The main overall aim of this role is to support the General Manager, ensuring projects move forward on time and on budget and that daily visibility of project performance is achieved.
Supporting the GM in daily tasks regarding the Operations of the company.
Management oversight of staff including (but not limited to) Yard staff and Project Teams etc.
Ensures that the procurement of goods and services is coordinated with the Finance and Administration teams and that this is in compliance with required SOPs.
Checks operational feasibility of contracts with customers and customer purchase orders.
Partners with various team members to coordinate customer orders and projects.
Ensures that the inventory levels are properly maintained by continually tracking and monitoring the inventory in line with in house SOPs.
Monitors project performance on a daily basis and in line with in house SOPs, providing updates to Management and the Board as required.
Monitors R&M of equipment to ensure optimum utilisation and cost management – tracking usage per cbm3 poured so that ROI in parts replacement can be monitored.
Organises and monitors physical inventory counts.
Oversees inventory quality, ensuring accurate quality control and compliance.
Reviews internal procedures, recommends process improvements and ensures compliance to existing in house SOPs and standards.
Supports in the coordination, order and delivery of materials to job sites as per contract needs, supporting the GM.
Ensure site planning meetings are taking place with relevant team members so that challenges are worked upon and the team is up to date on requirements.
Creates and implements a reporting format to track company resource usage providing updates to the GM and Board as required.
Support the GM identifying project risks and proposing solutions.
Partners with all relevant team members on all safety concerns/work related injuries, working closely with the Internal Audit team to ensure any non compliance matters are worked on and improved.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any other similar and relevant subject matter.
Previous experience in a similar role at Management level.
Experience leading projects within the Concrete/Construction industry and effectively managing multiple tasks.
Excellent communication skills including excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem-solving skills.
Proficient using Microsoft Office applications; good Excel skills required.
Qualitative abilities including strong numerical analytical skills.
Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team and achieves results
Able to work as an organised team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
This position involves extensive daily interaction with colleagues, management and clients. The Operations Manager must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. In this role you will need to understand the broader picture and the impact of your accountabilities as they relate to the entire company. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines and pressure and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.Deadline for receiving applications is 5th June, at 5pm.
Retail Sales Manager
1 open positions
Our Client in Retail Business is seeking to hire a Head of Sales Manager who will provide oversight of the Sales function, develop and execute sales strategies that meet the company goals.
Job description – Sales Manager/Head of Sales
Retail Sales Manager will provide oversight of the Sales function, develop and execute sales strategies that meet the company goals.
· Collaborates with executive leadership to develop territories, sales quotas, and strategies.
· Provides leadership, overseeing retail activities and warehouses.
· Maintains knowledge of market, competition, and best practices and trends in sales techniques and strategies.
· Hires and ensures training of the Sales and Warehousing teams.
· Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of the teams.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Reviews and analyzes regional sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and to identify potential new markets.
· Collaborates with warehouse managers to develop sales goals for each location, monitors progress toward those goals, and develops strategies to attract and retain customers.
· Develops marketing programs and promotions to increase sales and/or introduce new products and services.
· Identifies opportunities for improvement; designs and implements training, strategies, policies, goals, and other resources to maximize productivity and morale.
· Schedules and directs regular sales meetings and events to share information, set and revise goals, and to increase morale.
· Prepares and implements district-wide budget; monitors and approves expenses.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent sales and customer service skills, with proven negotiation skills.
· Excellent math skills to draft and implement budgets and conduct data analysis.
· Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
· Thorough understanding of company’s products and/or services, and those of immediate competitors in the surrounding market.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field; OR
· Extensive experience as sales manager required.
Head of Quality
1 open positions
Our client in the coffee industry is seeking to hire a Head of Quality Manager based at their head office up country. The role will be responsible for ensuring that our client is providing the best quality coffee for their customers.
The Head of Quality Manager will be passionate about quality and coffee whilst leading the Quality Team. This role will also be an important team player working closely with both the internal team members and our customers.
This role requires creativity and innovativeness, always seeking out new ideas and ways in which our client can keep supplying exciting coffee options to the market and never compromising the quality of the attention to detail this role needs.
The main duties of The Head of Quality will be to:
•Lead the day to day running and management of our Quality Lab to a high standard, implementing best in practice standards and ensuring all equipment is operating to the required standards at all times.
•Oversee the quality of all export products ensuring that the correct specifications are met for each consignment.
•Interact and liaise with all clients to relay and implement feedback on quality of requirements and deliveries.
•Oversee feedback and trainings on quality processes and requirements with Farmers, Suppliers and internal team members.
•Oversee and manage the organization’s relationship with UCDA regarding all quality requirements and legislation, ensuring our client remains compliant and up to date at all times.
•Manage new product development processes including innovating and experimenting to create new products that can be taken to market.
•Facilitate and lead regular cuppings as per business needs as well as leading on cupping sessions and interactive quality sessions with clients and visitors.
•Manage our sample process ensuring clients receive samples on time and to the correct specifications.
•Oversee the Quality Analysis processes to ensure accurate analysis is carried out, recorded and done so in line with best practices.
•Implement and manage a first class record and sample keeping store.
•Create and lead a team culture that is focused on delivering results and high performance as well as innovation and fun.
•Provide regular feedback to the quality team on performance and process improvements as well as working closely with the commercial and production teams on the same.
•Create a culture of development, keeping up to date with industry trends and advancements. Using this to continuously develop the knowledge of your team members and colleagues on all things quality
Leadership and Development:
√As our Client’s Head of Quality you will be responsible for leading by example and setting a work culture within your team that is in line with our client’s company values.
√You will need to ensure every member of your team has clear objectives and targets which have been confirmed and well understood. You will also to be required carry out regular reviews both formal and informal with your team.
√As a leader at our client’s company, you will foster a work environment in your team that is built on trust and high performance, delivering and making an impact in the communities within which our client works.
NB. This Job Description will be reviewed on an annual basis during your annual performance review to ensure it is kept up to date.
Skills and Qualifications:
•Experience in a similar role leading a high performing Quality Department.
•Passion for all things quality related as well as a passion for data and data driven performance.
•Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
•Creative and Curious – always seeking to learn new things and sharing that knowledge and passion for innovation with the team around you.
•Several years’ experience as a Quality lab tech and/or lead roaster.
•Experience in roasting coffee in a variety of styles.
•Skilled cupper – Q Grader qualified is desirable but not essential.
•Very details oriented, meticulous, and highly analytical.
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clear leadership abilities
•Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
•Communication Skills proficiency – clear and articulate written and verbal communication skills is a must.
If you think you fit this profile and would like to apply go to https://zoe.ug/jobs and click on the relevant job. Deadline for submission is Friday 30th December 2022 before 5pm.
1 open positions
A leading bank in Uganda with regional presence is seeking to hire a Relationship Manger reporting to the Head Corporate and Commercial Banking.
The relationship manager will direct, control and co-ordinate all banking, lending, deposit taking and operations associated with the assigned portfolio of accounts with the intention of monitoring acceptable credit risk and maximizing the bank’s return from each client. Identify, cultivate and develop business relationships with clientele from the bank’s segmented market.
The role’s responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the growth of the Corporate Banking business portfolio to ensure set targets for portfolio growth, income and quality are achieved.
· Assess and recommend high quality credit facilities for clients and potential clients and thereafter oversee completion of all related security documentation with a view to maximizing earnings and minimizing bad debts. The full process to be handled in a professional and efficient manner and in conformity with Credit Policy requirements
· Identify and develop new business proposals efficiently and expeditiously to ensure that potential new business opportunities with existing and new clients are not lost to competitors
· Generate and improve profitability on a portfolio of new customer relations
· Collect and analyze vital data on client’s i.e. annual reports, management accounts, interim reports, industry reports and all press cuttings etc. to acquire in-depth knowledge which will enable you to act as adviser to management on all aspects of assigned accounts relationships Page 2 of JD Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking
· Initiate and monitor Customer/Bank contact at all levels for assigned clients to ensure highest standards of service are maintained.
· Develop an intimate understanding of the client’s industry/Business, analyze their modus operandi, management practices, judgment of various influential decision makers and market conditions affecting their long-term viability, prepare customer account plans.
· Treat customers fairly and avoid mis/over-selling
Internal business processes
· Adhere to Bank risk management and operational policies & Standards in the unit
· Compliance with local regulatory & group policies on KYC &AML
Learning and growth
· Attend all trainings arranged by the Bank
· Discuss career path/growth with line manager at least quarterly
· Any Degree from a recognized university
· A Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an added advantage Professional Banking qualifications Experience:
· At least 5 years working experience within the credit or front sales environment Professional Training:
· Professional qualifications in ACCA, CPA, CFA etc. are an added advantage
· Strong general banking expertise
· Prior experience within the Corporate Banking environment is an added advantage
The required competences are as follows:
· Financial Analysis Understands how to interpret financial statements and capable of generating a detailed credit appraisal.
· Credit Structuring Understands and can structure complex deals
· Intellect Applies business acumens and technical financial skills to the overall management of the performance management and development platforms.
· Team player Shares with and consults others, enjoys working in a collaborative context
· Level headed Should be able to handle rejection and deal with difficult customers
· Flexible Is open to and is able to cope with change, is able to deal with ambiguity as a result of change
· Listening Encourages and seeks to understand other view points and perspectives Attuned to all possible sources of useful information
· Persuasive Enjoys selling, convincing with facts, negotiates, changes the opinions of others
· Decisive Weighs things up quickly, is prepared to take calculated risks
· Socially confident at ease with meeting people, knows what to say and is quick to establish rapport
· Resourceful Finds practical ways to solve issues
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by attaching their CV on this site.
Deadline: Friday 9th September 2022, 5:00pm.
We are a team of passionate people whose goal is to improve everyone's life through disruptive products. We build great products to solve your business problems.